The Laboratory of Visual Studies in Architecture (LVS-Architecture) is a boutique design firm that helps clients to develop entrepreneurial projects from concept to implementation. The lab employs methodologies of design thinking and human experience through space performance, and works hand to hand with clients to understand their business. The lab analyzes culture, philosophy, art, event and performance, and meet in private cases concepts like branding and marketing strategies through the lens of innovation.
Luis Othon Villegas is the founder and director of LVS-Architecture. He earned a Master in Design Studies from Harvard University, Cambridge USA (2003) and a degree in architecture from Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara (1997). During his studies at Harvard University he was collaborator of Professor Francois Vigier and Mona Serageldin at the Center for Urban Development Studies, and worked as Teaching Assistant for Paola Antonelli, curator of Architecture and design at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York.
In 2003 he joined TEN Arquitectos in New York and worked on projects like The Free Library of Philadelphia, Harlem Park & Marriot Hotel, and participated with Enrique Norten and Lawrence Weiner at the Snow Show in Finland. He worked at the Rockwellgroup New York and collaborated on projects like Meadowlands Xanadu, Chambers Hotel in Minneapolis and Siam Paragon Shopping Mall in Bangkok.
Luis Othon Villegas is the former Director of the School of Architecture and Interior Architecture at CEDIM. He managed the faculty staff and was involved in the development of the school's academic programs; as well as managing a network of multidisciplinary teams of students on a business entrepreneurial project with the private sector and government institutions.
He is founder of The Urban Research Gang, a think tank dedicated to educate, support and assist research in the fields of Arts, Design and Architecture. He has made written contributions to various publications, websites and magazines like The Architects Newspaper in New York and BLINK Lifestyle.
Recently Luis Othon Villegas and Patricio Ramal founded NEVERMIND, a workspace that is born from the idea of collaboration while promoting relations among its members and creative professionals in local and global business and through social networks. NEVERMIND is building a community that benefits from a creative space that generates interactions and collaborative work among its members and multidisciplinary teams.
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design. The Challenges of Leadership, 2011
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design. Master in Design Studies, 2003
- University of Toronto. Academic Preparation, 2000
- Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, Architecture. Academic Excellence Award, 1997
- Former Director of the School of Architecture and Interior Architecture at CEDIM (Centro de Estudios Superiores de Diseño de Monterrey)
- Chair Professor of History and Theory of Architecture CEDIM
- Guest critic PRATT Institute, New York City
- Freelance writer for BLINK, Lifestyle magazine. Guadalajara Mexico
- Professor of Theory of Architecture at ITESM since 2006
- Guest Lecturer at Instituto Tecnologico de Cd. Guzman. 2006
- The Architectural practice. Lecture at the ITESM. January 2006
- Assistant Professor for the course Architectural Design 8th Semester. ITESM. 2006
- Teaching assistant for "The state of Design" at Harvard University for Paola Antonelli, curator of Design and Architecture at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York, 2003
- Research assistant for the Center for Urban Development Studies at Harvard University and the UNESCO to Professors Francois Vigier and Mona Seralgendin. 2002
- Professor for the course "Taller Arquitectónico IV" Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara. 2002.
- Adjunct Professor for "Taller Arquitectónico III" Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara. 2001
- Adjunct Professor for the course "Técnicas de Presentación de Proyectos" UAG. 2001
1998-Today. LVS-Architecture- Guadalajara, México - New York, USA
- 2012. NEVERMIND. Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2012. Joyeria WTC Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2012. Casa SR. Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2011. Casa RV. Cd. Guzman, Mexico
- 2011. House RV. Cd. Guzman, Mexico
- 2010. House SR. Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2010. Piso Dos. Bar Cd. Guzman, Mexico
- 2009. BRYPP. Bar Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2008. House AD. Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 2008. House AR. Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 2008. House BB. Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 2008. Pizza Nostra Restaurant, Cd. Guzman Jalisco
- 2008. Torre Verona. Pent-house, Interior Design. Mexico DF
- 2008. Teletech Call Center. Mexico DF
- 2008. Zenth, Show Room, Guadalajara, Jal
- 2007. Teletech Call Center, Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 2007. House Corona Flores, Atlanta, GA. USA. Interior Design
- 2007. Firenzze. Pastry Shop. Guadalajara, Jal.
- 2007. House Larios. Ciudad Guzman, Jal.
- 2007. House MO. Guadalajara, Jal. Collaboration JCNAME Arquitectos.
- 2007. House ML. Guadalajara, Jal. Collaboration JCNAME Arquitectos.
- 2007. Nordika. Showroom Guadalajara, Jal. Collaboration JCNAME Arquitectos.
- 2007. Keraben. Showroom. Guadalajara, Jal. Collaboration JCNAME Arquitectos.
- 2007. Primer Piso. Bar. Guadalajara, Jal.
- 2006. TRES60, Apartment towers, Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 2006. Teletech Call Center, San Jose Costa Rica.
- 2006. House Jackson, Fairfield, CT. EEUU.
- 2005-2006. House Shrinath, Newton, MA. EEUU.
- 2005. Mecari Offices New York, NY. EEUU.
- 2004. D'Loren Shoes store. Cd. Guzmán, Jal
- 2001. D'Loren Plaza Zapotlán. Cd. Guzmán, Jalisco
- 2001. Bar Club 20. Ciudad Guzman, Jalisco
- 2001. Diesel boutique (restoring house from 1930). Ciudad Guzmán, Jalisco
- 2001. Rancho Ornelas. Summer house Mexticacán, Jalisco
- 2000. House Villegas. Interior Design
- 2000. House Jáuregui, Nochistlán, Zacatecas
- 2000. House Solís, Nochistlán, Zacatecas
- 2000. House González. Nochistlán, Zacatecas
- 2000. House Galván Sánchez. Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 1997-2000. House Ornelas. Nochistlán Zacatecas
- 1999. House Galván. Zapopan, Jalisco
- 1998. Hotel Jardín. Nochistlán, Zacatecas
- 1997. Monument proposal Tenamaxtle. Nochistlán, Zacatecas
2004-2005 Rockwellgroup - David Rockwell- New York, NY USA
- Design Manager for the project Meadowlands Xanadu. Retail and Entertainment project. USA 2005
- Designer for Chambers Hotel in Minneapolis, USA 2004-2005
- Designer for Siam Paragon for Major Cineplex in Bangkok, Thailand. 2004
2003- 2004 TEN Arquitectos -Enrique Norten- New York, USA
- Design Manager for Enrique Norten at TEN Arquitectos New York.
- Designer collaboration for the project Harlem Park and Marriott hotel
- Conceptual proposal for "The Snow Show" in Finland join venture with artist Lawrence Weiner
- Designer and collaborator for The Free Library of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1997-1999 JC NAME Arquitectos
- Designer collaborator for JC Name Arquitectos, in Guadalajara, México.
- Designer collaborator for the Project Main Offices Omnitrition de México
- Designer collaborator for the project Ex-Hacienda La Escoba. Restoring project
- DD and CD drawings for hotels Camino Real in Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun and Manzanillo
1996-2008 Competitions and exhibitions
- 2008.Primer Piso Exhibition at the IV Bienal of Interior Designers SMI Mexico-Guadalajara. Oficial Selection. Mention of Honor Award.
- 2008.Curator for the Painting-art Object Exhibition of Eleonora Ramal, Galería Primer Piso
- 2008. Curator for the show Ilustrations of Susana Lozano, Galería Primer Piso
- 2008. Curator for the Paintings of Luis Rodrigo Medina, Paris, Frace
- 2007. Curator for the show of the show Pintura de Adolfo Weber, Galería Primer Piso.
- 2006. Misplaces, New York. Collective art group of designers, artists and architects. Exhibition curated by Daniel Holguín y Natalia Porter under supervisión from Ana Tiscornia.Wallace Gallery, SUNY Old Westbury, NY
- 2003. Spring Student Projects 2003. Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- 1999. Student Projects. Expo UAG, Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 1997. Student Projects. ITESO, Guadalajara, Jalisco
- 1996. Student Project Competition Zona Administrativa Huentitan. Municipio de Guadalajara.
- 1996. Winner of competition for Project of Ideas Administrative Office in Huentitan, Jalisco.